Tuesday 28 August 2012

It's Swatchtastic! First Impressions: Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer! ♥♥

Hey there!

A while back I bought my first two nail polishes from Maybelline's Color Show line. I got them at a fantastic price of $2.97! For the price I wasn't expecting very much, but I was pleasantly surprised when I got around to trying them out! Here they are...



I got two different finishes to see how they would each apply, so I could get a better feel for the line.



To the left, we have Twilight Rays, a gorgeous dark jelly polish with golden glitter, and to the right is Sapphire Siren, a really nice inky blue, which has amazing colour payoff. 

But enough blabber, show me the swatches!

Twilight Rays

This colour is a beautiful dark jelly base, packed full of golden shimmer. Picture 1 has one coat, which is pretty streaky and thin (textbook behaviour for a jelly polish), but with 2 coats (picture 2), you get a really dark, solid coverage and a good distribution of glitter.

Sapphire Siren







This colour instantly appealed to me. Dark, inky, cream finish- a polish after my own heart. One coat has a really good coverage, but two coats really brings out the purplish undertones and makes this colour look really inky and gorgeous.







Overall, for the price, I'm very impressed with these polishes, and I'll probably end up buying more in the future =P 

Thanks for tuning in, if you do end up picking up these polishes, let me know what you think in the comments!

Until next time, stay polished!
Much love,
Dylan ♥♥