Wednesday 9 May 2012

NOTD;; Scaled Down! ♥♥

Hey everyone!

So yesterday I had the day off, and I thought, "I haven't really done anything super awesome on my nails in a while. I want something good." So I did my research...

 and I found it.

(picture taken under natural lighting)

Believe me, it's pretty, but let me tell you, this piece took patience and a calm hand. If you're into it, however, the outcome is definitely striking.


I managed to film a tutorial on this look, if you'd like you can view that >>right here<< 
So here's the breakdown...

-Sally Hansen Xtremewear polish in Black Out
-Revlon polish in #740 Get Reddy
-OPI Rising Star
-ELF polish in Fire Coral
-Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti Chip Top Coat
-OPI Drip Dry (thank god!)

This manicure involved a lot of dotting... One row of colour, one row of black. One row of colour, one row of black. I used my ballpoint-pin-in-a-pencil trick for dotting. I ended up cleaning the tip so many times in polish remover that it had disintegrated the ball of the pin and I had to replace it. Dedication, I tell you!

Here's a picture of what they look like under flash...


Thanks for reading, and remember, stay polished!
Much love,
Dylan ♥♥