Wednesday 4 July 2012

NOTD;; Calming Waters ♥♥

Hey guys!

So this time around when I went to do my nails, I wasn't in the fanciest of moods. I wanted something bright and fun that would cheer me up... and I thought, GLITTER, of course! There's no mood that can't be lifted by overdosing on glitter. This is what I came up with!

^Natural lighting^

I love this nail look, it's so beautiful in real life, and it's not even that hard to do if you're patient.
Here's the breakdown:

-Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Base Coat
-Maybelline Express Finish polish in Timely Turquoise
-Sally Hansen Xtremewear polish in Blue It
-Covergirl Boundless Colour polish in Disco Dazzle
-Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti Chip Top Coat

I achieved the rounded stripes by cutting up a sponge and blending on the blue colour in the C shape. Applying the glitter topcoat promptly after you finish one nail will actually help to blend out the nail polish, so it looks more seamless and flowy, and the glitter helps conceal any small mishaps (: Thank god for glitter!

I`ll be filming a tutorial for this look since it`s so fun to do, which I will link here when it`s up!
Until then, here's some more pictures in different lighting...

^Artificial Lighting^
^With flash^
^Low natural lighting^

Until then, thanks so much for tuning in, and don`t forget, stay polished!

Much love,
Dylan ♥♥