Monday 16 July 2012

NOTD;; Heat Wave! ♥♥

Hey guys! Long time no post! Life has been rather hectic lately, so I fear I've neglected my blog slightly, save for the weekly NOTDs. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things, I miss writing!

So today I'm coming to you with a really fun nail look that I've been loving since I put it on. I used the same technique as I did in my Acid Wash Nail Tutorial, but this time I used fiery colours to make this really cool... or should I say HOT... finish. Check it out!


People I've seen have been loving this look as well, and it's really fun and easy to do! It's also very appropriate, seeing as it's been super hot where I'm from (comparatively speaking!)
Here's the breakdown...

-Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Base/Top Coat
-China Glaze in Sunshine Pop
-Orly Orange Punch
-OPI Color So Hot it Berns
-Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

By layering these colours from lightest to darkest and sweeping away with polish remover on a Q-tip, I created this licking flames look that really draws the eye in a completely different way than my Acid wash nails did. Here's a picture of those for comparison:

...Excuse the messy edges, this look was earlier in my nail art career (:

So that's the look I'm rocking! How do you like it? Be sure to let me know in the comments, and share pictures if you try it out, even with different colours! This technique is really flexible, and it always looks different, which is why I love it.

Until next time, stay polished!

Much love,
Dylan ♥♥