Thursday 4 October 2012

NOTD;; Play With Your Polish! ♥♥

Hey guys!

The other day I decided that since I loved the technique I used in my 2 minute marble video so much, I wanted to play around with it some more!

If you haven't seen the video already, you can watch it here:


Since I did dark reddy golds the first time, I decided to go opposite and mess around with silvery blues! 
I tried out a few different colour combinations to see what would happen. These are my test results:




From left to right:
1.
 -1 coat Sally Hansen's Xtremewear in Blue Me Away
-1 coat Rimmel 60 Seconds in Silver Bullet
-1 coat Rimmel 60 Seconds in Silver Bullet (marbled)

This one gave a really super subtle texture to the nails, almost not enough to bother. Still very airy and beautiful though.

2.
-1 coat SH Blue Me Away
-1 coat Rimmel Silver Bullet
-1 coat SH Xtremewear in Celeb City (marbled)

This one looked gorgeous in real life as well as in pitcures. The marble was slightly more obvious than the first one, but still subtle and adding a really nice sparkle and shine.

3.
-1 coat SH Blue Me Away
-1 coat Rimmel Silver Bullet
-1 coat SH Blue Me Away (marbled)

This one turned out really well. I feel, however, that this look is a little more spring-oriented. Wouldn't a problem, were it March (:

4.
-1 coat SH Blue Me Away
-1 coat Rimmel Silver Bullet
-1 coat SH Xtremewear in White On (marbled)

This one looks like snow to me (: I think it would be super pretty if it were topped off with some glitter.

All of these were fun, HOWEVER.... I decided to go a different route.

This is what's on my nails right now:



Breakdown:

-1 coat Sally Hansen Xtremewear in Blue Me Away
-1 coat Rimmel 60 Seconds in Silver Bullet
-1 coat Maybelline Color Show in Sapphire Siren (marbled)

In the end, I found that the more variation you have in the shades you choose, the more the marble will stand out. Having a very light base and a very dark contrast colour really allowed the marble to shine and gave the look much more texture and tone. Definitely a win (:

So that's it for my post today! I hope you enjoyed, and maybe this inspired you to play with your polish a little but too (: If you give this a go, be sure to show me! Tell me in the comments below, or tweet me a picture!

Until next time, stay polished!
Much love,
Dylan ♥♥