Tuesday 5 July 2011

Nails of the Day; Concentric Electric & Review of Silk Line Nail Art Pens.♥♥

Today I went on my facebook and asked what colours I should do on my nails, and the very first person said purple and yellow. This is what I came up with!
-OPI Pamplona Purple as a base
-Orly Instant Artist Nail Polish in Crisp White
-Silk Line Polish in Yellow
-Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat



So I'm going to tie this Nails of the Day in with a review of the Silk Line nail art pens. These pens come in a tall, thin bottle. Pulling off the cap reveals a pen tip, but if you put the cap back on and unscrew the whole black part on top, you get a really nice script brush.


We'll start with the pen. I personally can't stand using the nail art pens for anything but dots and really small, precise work. I tried using the pen part to make the concentric design on my nails, and it was so messy I felt the need to go back in with the script brush and tidy up. It fixed it up quite a bit, but the lines are still a tad bumpy. They say you have to squeeze the bottle to make the product come out; I don't know if I got a badly sealed bottle or something, but when I uncap this pen it just starts oozing out of the tip and requires constant tidy-up.


As for the script brush, of the three brands I've tried I like this one second best, tailing behind the orly Instant Artist nail polishes. The brush is so thin and precise, I love it for getting the best quality line possible. The only reason I like it second to Orly is because the Orly product is water based and it dries SUPER fast!

As for the colour payoff, it's respectable. I did have to go back in to touch up a few places, but it wasn't a full blown have-to-redo-this-immediately ordeal.

Thanks you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed! If you've tried these silk line polishes in the past, please comment and let me know what you think of them! Have a fabulous week!

Lots of love,
Dylan ♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment