Sunday 8 January 2012

NOTD;; The Universe at my Fingertips - My First Galaxy Nails! ♥♥

Hey guys!

So I was at a total loss for what to do on my nails this time around. I had a good fifteen polishes sitting around me and the wheels just weren't turning! That being the case, I decided to give doing galaxy nails a try. They've been quite popular around the internet community lately and I always love the outcomes I see, so I thought I'd give it a go (: Check it out!


Ahhhh I'm all starry eyed! :D I love the splash of red for a vibrant contrast to all of the purple goings on.


I also made a video tutorial for this nail, you can watch it right here or just go on to read the breakdown (:

Here's the breakdown:

- Rimmel 60 Seconds Clear Polish as a base
- Rimmel 60 Seconds polish in Night Before (first colour base)
- Orly nail lacquer in Lunar Eclipse (second colour base)
- ELF nail polish in Purple Dream
- ELF Fire Coral
- Rimmel 60 Seconds polish in Silver Bullet
- Cover Girl Boundless Colour Sparkle Topcoat in Disco Dazzle
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti Chip Top Coat
- OPI Drip Dry

WHEW. Lots of colours, but with an amazing end result. I love the fun factor of applying these nails, in that they don't have to be directly congruent with each other... in fact, it's better if they look different! More spacey, even.

I actually recorded this nail, so I'll be uploading a tutorial as soon as I can get around to editing and posting the video! Until then ladies and gent(s), have a fabulous day and thanks for tuning in!

Much love,
Dylan ♥♥