Wednesday 4 January 2012

My Nail Polish Rainbow! ♥♥

Hello ladies and gent(s)!

So I seem to have caught this freaking amazing head cold, which has reduced me to a sick and sorry, bed-ridden state.

In attempts to make myself feel better, I made a nail polish rainbow!


My 7 favourite polishes that I own of each colour of the rainbow!
Come on, you can't look at that and not smile.


Ready, Set... Breakdown!


Red - OPI Colour so Hot it Berns

This is such a gorgeous, Marylin Monroe cherry red. One coat of this colour is really all you need, but two takes it up a notch. From the OPI Swiss Collection.


Orange - Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Crushed

Such a fiery orange colour, with amazing shimmer. It does apply sheer, so you need two coats, or you can layer another colour underneath for a different colour altogether! Maybe even a colour that's so hot it Berns...


Yellow - Need Sunglasses?

Okay, so I'm on the hunt for a good yellow polish. This was the first yellow polish I got (as a gift, thanks Tine! ♥) and as I've found for any other yellows I come across, it applies very sheer. You need a good three coats to even get decent colour.


Green - Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Ivy League

Such a gorgeous grass green, with the same kind of formula as Crushed. Gorgeous shimmer, but applies sheer. I have plans for this one yet :D


Blue - Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Blue Me Away!

Okay, can you tell I like the SH Xtreme Wear line? Such a GORGEOUS pacific blue colour, so pigmented and with a creamy matte finish. This colour was a happy end to an epic search for a true, pigmented blue.


Purple - Okay, Blurple - Orly's Lunar Eclipse

This one really is a blue polish with purple and pink shimmer and micro-glitter, so it shines so many colours that it's easy to get carried away looking at it. Two coats is absolutely fabulous, but a little lighter than in the bottle. If you put a coat underneath of something like a dark navy, this colour truly comes alive.


Pink - Rimmel 60 Seconds in Pulsating

I know pink isn't really part of the official rainbow, but I think it deserves honourable mention. This fuschia shines a purple duochrome that is reminiscent of OPI's Flashbulb Fuschia (you can check out my comparison of the two right here if you'd like!), but I personally like this one better.





This was totally fun and definitely distracted me from being sick. I would love to see your nail polish rainbows and what your favourite colours are from your collection! You could even do eye shadows, lipsticks (if you have an AMAZING lipstick collection)! But any which way, be sure to let me know (:

Thanks so much for tuning in,  I'm gonna go drink some OJ, have some soup and read a book for a while, I think.  I hope you have a fabulous, germ free day!

Much love,
Dylan ♥♥