Wednesday 10 August 2011

Maybelline FITme Foundation- Does it FITyou? ♥♥

I've been using this foundation for quite a while now, mostly because I had run out of my L'oreal true match. This product claims to give you natural coverage that leaves your skin natural, breathing and fresh. Overall, I found that this foundation is okay for a drugstore foundation, gives good natural coverage, but it may not be for everyone. Let's jump in, shall we?


Packaging

Personally I'm not a huge fan of this packaging. Yes it looks nice and classic, but when you take the cap off you'll find that there's no pump or dispenser, which can prove quite unsanitary, making this foundation less than desirable for makeup artists. It's also really not conducive for travel.

Colour Matching

FITme comes in 14 shades going from a light porcelain to a mid tone dark colour. That's okay, taking into consideration that L'oreal true match foundation comes in 17 shades. Since this foundation is sheer, these colours should match a wide array of skin tones comfortably. Anyone with a very dark skin tone may be out of luck, however.

I bought shade 125 in nude beige, because I was deciding between 120 and 125 and I was anticipating getting a little darker during the summer. It was a little more yellow based than I may have liked, but it warmed up my skin and blended down really naturally, as it claimed.

Application

This foundation is water based, so it is very easily blended. My issue with this, and the reason ity may not work for people with oily skin, is the consistency. This foundation is fairly thin and watery, so it tends to streak a little bit and it does not dry or settle until you set it well with a powder. I had to use a powder puff to get my desired semi-matte finish that wouldn't crease. It gives a sheer light-medium coverage does not layer too well, in my opinion, since it's watery and tends to slip around until it's set.



Performance and Wear

I wore this foundation fore quite a while, so I saw how it lasted at work, under extreme heat, so on so forth. It wore fairly well on my normal/combination skin, but where I get oily in my t-zone it tended to slip, streak and oxidize in the heat. with primer, setting powder and setting spray, this foundation lasted about six or seven hours without touchups.

Overall

I give this foundation a 7 out of 10. It does what it claims, gives you sheer, natural cover and letting your skin shine through. Personally, I don't think I'll repurchase- it's just not for me. It's a nice foundation for somebody with drier skin that wants a sheer coverage, which is not what I want. I really had to make the rest of my face routine work around this foundation to get the look I aim for.

So that's my take on this foundation! If you had a different experience please feel free to let me know in the comments. Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you! Thanks so much for tuning in, have a great day!

Dylan ♥♥

3 comments:

  1. I love your review,, i was looking into this foundation and i am glad i found a good in depth review... Thanks.. Although i dont think ill buy because it seems it may work with my oily T-Zone.. Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks so much for the encouragement! (: Glad I could help you out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have this on my list of foundations to try! I've blogged about a few others actually. You can find them here:
    http://bbyvcs.blogspot.com

    Tell me what you think! :)
    Baby V

    ReplyDelete