Wednesday 31 August 2011

Beauty Trends for Fall: Nails Edition! ♥♥

Hey guys! Today I'm coming at you with this fall's nail trends, which I'm super excited about!

Fall is my favourite time of year. Not only is it my birth season (October 25th!), but I love the weather and beautiful colours, and I love getting all dressed up for fall! I think I have a better fall wardrobe than anything else.

But hey, we're not talking about clothing in this blog! Let's jump into it!

Stripped Down Nudes




This year's palette involves a lot of natural beauty, as we can see in makeup and style trends as well. Nudes are huge this season- They make your nails look longer, your hands more feminine, and pull more attention to your outfit. It may be hard to find your perfect nude, but once you do, it's worth it!






Personally, since I ALWAYS have nail art on my nails, I have yet to find my ideal nude colour. I've tried two- Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure in Iced Coffee and Naked Ambition. They're nice shades, Naked Ambition has a nice sparkle to it but it's very light, and Iced Coffee is very close to my skin tone, but it's a very flat colour.

Innocent Pastels




Pastels are really nice for fall, they're not intrusive in appearance and they add a subtle pop of colour to your outfit. I don't own too many pastels, I prefer vibrant, true colours, but I do have OPI's What's With the Cattitude?, a very light sky blue, and I do really like it.







Shady Characters

This is the trend I'm excited for. Deep shades are totally fall. The big colour being seen on the runway lately is crimson but any deep shade will put you right in line with fall 2011. Shown in the picture are (from left to right):
-OPI's Pamplona Purple
-ORLY's Lunar Eclipse
-OPI's Flashbulb Fuschia
-Rimmel 60 seconds polish in Night Before (love!!)
-Revlon Nail Polish in Get Reddy

I'm super excited to give Get Reddy a try, I just bought it yesterday in anticipation for fall. It's more of a ruby than a crimson, but it's still a deep, beautiful red.




Greyed Expectations


Greys and gunmetals are huge this fall as well. I've only got one in my stash, Rimmel 60 seconds in Grey Matter, a very mid tone grey. I think I would prefer something a tad darker, but that doesn't mean it won't work for you!








Stop Shining You Crazy Diamond!


There's a new sensation going around about matte nails. I'm not so sure about it. It's not something I've tried yet, but you can get mattifying top coats pretty inexpensively, so I'm going to end up trying it out at some point.

Picture was found at www.thefreshfiends.com






So that's it for my 2011 nail trends forecast! Thanks so much for reading, be sure to follow, subscribe to my youtube and like my facebook page! (:

Lots of love comin your way!

Dylan ♥♥