Thursday 12 April 2012

NOTD;; A Match Made in Heaven! ♥♥

Hey all!

So today I come to you with the finished design that was inspired by my latest purchase, Orly's Rococo A-Go-Go. You can check out the swatches in my previous post >>right here!<< if you'd like (:

This nail polish is so gorgeous on its own, I was having trouble thinking of a design to go over top that wouldn't take away from the overall effect. Finally one particular polish came into mind, and I decided that a gradient would be the most effective way to showcase these two polishes together. Check it out!
(under natural lighting)

These two polishes blend so well together, it's absolutely a match made in heaven. Read on for the breakdown...


-Rimmel 60 Seconds in Clear as a base
-Orly polish in Rococo A-Go-Go
-Covergirl Continuous Colour polish in Pink Sapphire
-Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat

It's as simple as that! Since the Covergirl nail polish has a clear base with pink glitter, it's a prime candidate to be used as a gradient colour, since it will fade easily into the base. What's more, since Rococo A-Go-Go has pink microglitters in it, they pair up that much better! I love this combination on my nails, simplistic as it may be in comparison to my others. It doesn't always have to be over the top to be fabulous!

^ Natural lighting
^With flash
^With flash

The fun never ends with this manicure, the look changes with the light!

That's it for now, thanks for tuning in ladies and gent(s), until next time, stay polished!

Much love,
Dylan ♥♥