Tuesday 3 April 2012

NOTD;; Studded Reverse Mani! ♥♥

Hey guys!

Today I'm coming at you with a dark, edgy, but funnily enough spring inspired manicure!

I was looking through some articles on trends for nails in Spring.Summer 2012, and I came across the oh-so edgy reverse manicure in a dark eggplant tone. As soon as I saw it I simply had to give it a go, but I had to edge it out a bit. Check out what I came up with! (:


I had originally planned on doing a two-tone purple gradient, but I ran out of time =P Life has been hectic over the last month! But I do really like the studded detail paired with the sharp triangular shape at the cuticle, it gives the nail a more pulled together look to me.
So here's the breakdown!

-Rimmel 60 Seconds in Clear as base
-MAC nail polish in Style Tip (nude)
-MAC nail polish in Dark Angel (plum)
(Both from the MAC 2011 Winter Collection)
-Sally Hansen Xtremewear in Celeb City (silver)
-Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti Chip Top Coat

It's funny to me that I used two polishes from MAC's winter collection to create a spring trends look =P Just goes to show you that everything has multiple interpretations, and that you can't take anything too seriously, especially in the world of beauty.

Next up I'll be doing a tutorial of a really cute Eastery spring nail, since I've already covered the edgy spring style. I was really excited to do this one though, so it came first! 

Do you prefer to rock the edgier nails for spring, or are you a pastel fanatic? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks so much for tuning in, much love and happy spring!
Dylan ♥♥