Sunday 23 October 2011

Birthday NOTD;; Sparkle Attack!! ♥♥

So I needed something extra special and (obviously) super sparkly on my nails for my birthday, I mean, those spider nails just wouldn`t do! So this is what I came up with... which is nearly impossible to get an accurate picture of:




I just couldn`t resist the disco ball sparkle. In real life it`s like a million times more rainbow glittery. Here`s the breakdown!

-OPI`s You`re Such a Kabuki Queen (2 coats, base)
-Orly Instant Artist polish in Crisp White (Lines)
-Sally Hansen`s New Lengths Ceramics Clear Polish (1 coat, to seal the pattern from streaking)
-Sally Hansen`s Xtreme wear glitter polish in Disco Ball (2 coats)
-Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat

I originally wanted to go for a light, baby pink, which I was going to accomplish by putting Essie`s Waltz (a light eggshell) on top of the pink to brighten it up. I should say, I really don`t like Essie polishes, they tend to be streaky, and I need 3 coats bare minimum for a solid colour, which is not conducive to nail art. I had to do 2 coats of waltz over top the pink to even get a nice relatively streak free colour, and it was what I wanted, but it would not dry nicely, and it was still too streaky for me. I tried mixing them together, with no luck. So I ended up just going for the hot pink.

So those were my birthday nails! I had a fabulous evening rocking them, and they`ll serve as a great reminder of my amazing birthday party!

Sending you love and rainbow sparkles,
Dylan ♥♥