Monday 10 October 2011

Halloween NOTD;; Medusa Inspired Nails! ♥♥


So we all know the Greek myth of Medusa the Gorgon, snakes for hair, one look at her and you turn to stone. For your Halloween viewing pleasure, I've done a Medusa inspired nail art that is relatively simple and very dynamic.
 STUNNING, even! :D :D :D
(more like punning, even...)
It's my second successful frankenpolish, layering two polishes to make one AMAZING colour. Check it out!





I can't get over how amazing this frankenpolish turned out! I used the criss-crossed dark blood red lines to kind of communicate a snakeskin pattern, and I think the base colour is a serviceable reptilian tone.
Here's the breakdown:

-NYC Quick Dry nail polish in Flat Iron Green (base green)
-OPI Nail Polish in It's My Year (top layer)
-SILKline Nail Art Pen in Blood Red (no actual name, just the colour)
-Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat

The combination of Flat Iron Green and It's My Year is so amazing... it`s totally captivating to the eye, and much more interesting than the original colours. Here are the two bottles:


As you can see, the base coat of green COMPLETELY changes the colour of It`s My Year, taking it from a purpley-gold foil to this crazy colour business that I`m having a hard time describing. It`s almost antique-ish, but it has an edge to it with the dark red lines, which I think is very Medusa-appropriate, as well as great for fall.


Thanks so much for reading, hope you like this as much as I do! (:


Much love,
Dylan ♥♥