Monday 7 November 2011

NOTD;; When in Doubt... Polka Dots! ♥♥

This nail featured a lot of trial and error, but through perseverance and experimentation I have created what I feel is a great look! Check it out:



I love this colour combination, the purple and the orange really contrast and make each other look brighter.



 Here's the breakdown:

- OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
- 2x OPI in Need Sunglasses? (bright yellow)
- 1x Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Crushed (red-orange)
- 2x OPI in Pamplona Purple
- 1x Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat
- 1x Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat
- OPI Drip Dry

When I started doing my nails, I was aiming for a bright yellow base, because I wanted to use OPI's Need Sunglasses to see how it applied. Quite bluntly, it applied like junk. The pigmentation of this yellow is ridiculous; I did 3 coats, it was still not opaque and I could see streaks. I had to take it off and restart.

Then I thought to myself, what if I use it as a base?

Before I took it off, I took one hand and five different polishes to layer over top and see how they turn out. Sally Hansen's Crushed was one of those five that turned out beautifully. I decided to go on a totally different route with this nail than I had originally planned, and I love it.

As for the dots, this was the first time I'd tried using a toothpick to make dots. I gave it a go with the pointed edge of the toothpick and it did nothing. I quickly found, however, that if you cut the toothpick in half, the flat edge makes for an excellent dotting tool.


So that's what's on my nails right now! Thanks so much for reading, be sure to comment and follow, and check out my youtube for super fun videos!


Much love!
Dylan ♥♥