Friday 2 September 2011

NOTD;; Robot... Music... Nails? ♥♥

Okay, so a week or so ago, I picked up Sally Hansen's Celeb City nail polish, which is a super metallic silver, like, holy-crap-my-nails-are-made-of-metal silver. whenever I look at it all I can think of is robots. It's awesome. SO I decided to do a robot inspired nail.. but whenever people look at it, they see a music note! Here, take a look:


When I was doing the nail art I was looking at this from my perspective, so the lines did not look like a music note, just like, data, matrix-like line patterns. Now I see what they're getting at, but if you're an artist of any kind you'll know, it's kind of disheartening when people don't read your inspiration they way you meant to communicate it. But it's okay! when I showed people I hadn't added the white dots on the tips yet, and I think now it looks much more robot-like than it did before. Still music-y though. (: Here's the breakdown:

-Rimmel 60 seconds polish in Grey Matter as a base colour
-1 coat of Sally Hansen's polish in 220 Celeb City
-2 coats on the side of ORLY's Lunar Eclipse
-ORLY's Instant Artist nail polish in Jet Black
-ORLY's Instant Artist nail polish in Crisp White
-2 coats Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat
-OPI Drip Dry (Which I'm nearly out of! D: )

I'm really pleased with these nails! hey're super shiny and lots of fun to wear. Thanks so much for reading you guys! Be sure to follow and subscribe to my youtube channel for lots more fun with beauty!

Lots of love comin your way!

Dylan ♥♥